Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The Wait is finally over

What a great way to be woken up out of a sound sleep -- by the telephone.  Usually that would make me upset, but this morning it was a call I've wanted for seven months -- a job offer.  Of course, I accepted.

I start on Thursday, which is very quick, but they wanted someone immediately. No problem; my social calendar is pretty wide open, go figure.  

Thank you to every one who has kept the good vibes coming my way. I appreciate it all greatly. 

I am astounded at how it came about. They say 90% of jobs are found through networking, so I dutifully joined  LinkedIn, and other jobish sorta networky places. Did the mojo with Monster and Career Builders and all those places, ya da ya da. . .  and to relieve the anxiety, I visited on Facebook -- which I considered to be just a fun place to hang out.  

Guess what, it was a chance connection with an old friend from high school I found through Facebook that got me this one.   Well, it IS a network, so I guess that counts.  At any rate I'm very happy.   

Today, I need to find some clothes that do not have shoulder pads.

Peace!







2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Sweetie! KATN New England style!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thrilled to hear that you found a job! that is great!

    ReplyDelete